Thursday, October 14, 2010

Yummy Vegetarian Dish

I have had a little extra time on my hands lately, try an extra 70 hours a week compared to the last 5 months, so I have really enjoyed taking time to cook great food. I have been trying to experiment with vegetarian dishes because it is so healthy and they taste great too! I was a little leery of this dish, but decided to give it a whirl anyway! It was sooooo GOOD!!! I originally found the recipe here, and wanted to share it with everyone! Enjoy!


Ingredients:
-4 Large Zucchini(the recipe calls for 2, but Chris and I demolished that, so I would suggest more zucchini)
-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
-1 large onion, diced(I used 1/2 an onion and it was perfect)
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-16 ounces of your favorite spaghetti sauce(I used Prego Traditional)
-1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese(I used Italian Style)

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
-In a large pot, boil the zucchini until tender, drain
-Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat
-Saute the onion and garlic until onion is tender
-Combine the zucchini, onion, and garlic in a 9x12 inch casserole dish, and mix well
-Pour the pasta sauce over the mixture and stir well
-Top with Mozzarella cheese
-Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is bubbly!

The recipe says it makes 5 servings, and that each serving only has 217 calories. I didn't make any side dishes and we both got full. I wouldn't change any amounts in the recipe except for adding more zucchini! Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Sounds good I will give it a try and let you know. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete