Saturday, May 15, 2010

I'm Working for a Fortune 7 Company at Age 22

Well, it's official. I am an employee of AT&T's Retail Sales Leadership Development Program (RSLP). I moved down to Atlanta this past Wednesday to a furnished apartment provided by AT&T. Everything is so nice, and while I will be moving to a different apartment next week(long story), so far everything else is going great! My "class" is very small. There are 8 of us, 4 guys and 4 girls. 5 of them graduated from University of Florida(YUCK), one from FSU, and one from somewhere in Minnesota. We seem to be getting along okay and I hope we can continue to work well together, since it seems like our success here is based on that.

So far, some things I have found out about the program include:
-I will be working 70 hour weeks. So please do not feel left out if I do not call you very often...life is going to be CRAZY the next 6 months.
-My tentative graduation date from the program is October 22. This is important because I will be in my final city about a week after that date.
-Atlanta is a BIG city and for the directionally challenged, like me, it is very easy to get lost.
-I have both a business cell phone (Blackberry Bold) and a business laptop. That seems CRAZY to me!
-On my very first day of work we sat in on a Town Hall with John Dwyer, the Senior Vice President, of AT&T Mobility. He is a very important man, only a few spots away from CEO of Mobility. This was very imformative and very cool that we were able to do this on day 1.

While all this is GREAT, there are definitely some things I will be missing in Knoxville. I was able to go hang out with my friends the last few days I was there, which was awesome. Here are some pictures of all the things I will miss in Knoxville(keep looking through the pictures. You will want to see the one at the bottom. PROMISE!!!).

Chris playing barrel of monkeys at Chill. It is a really cool ice cream shop, where you get liquid ice cream, add your toppings, and then they freeze it with liquid nitrogen. TOO COOL!

Whitney is so proud of her chain. Miss you Seester!
Josh

My best friend ever, Grace, and Jenny

Who wouldn't miss this? haha.
They had temporary tattos at Moe's. You got a free coupon if you put it on...so Chris did. It was so funny!

I will miss everybody so much. Thanks for supporting me and helping me become who I am today.

And last but not least, I can tell I'm really growing up. On my first day at AT&T, I just knew my mom would want a picture of me. So, being the AMAZING daughter I am, I took one. So here is the picture of me on my first day.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me over the past 22 years to grow into the adult I am today. I am so excited about my first "big girl" job, and know that I couldn't be here without your love and encouragement, and financial support. I love you guys more than you will ever know. Please continue to pray for me, especially that I will learn to go with the flow, for safety in Atlanta, and that I will learn everything I need to be successful in my career. Love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture! Thanks you look beautiful and very professional We are proud of you, I think we have told everyone we know. Love,
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete