Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day Project

A few months ago I decided to do a special project for parents in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). I had been realizing how truly blessed I am and wanted to give back in some way. I read a blog talking about a project similar to this and began to become very excited. You can see the original post here. My mom and best friend Grace helped me so much with the bags. We are very proud of what we did and I wanted to share it with you. Hopefully we can get more support next year and make these bags even better!

Grace and I (mostly Grace) hand painted each bag, 10 in all.

This was one of the designs (sorry it's sideways).

This was an adorable bag for a little baby boy.

Rattles for the girls

We were so lucky to be able to get all this stuff for each bag!

Mom, thank you so much for everything you were able to get for these bags! You are definitely storing up more treasures in Heaven! Grace, thank you for the time and creativity you put into each bag. They loved the bags! I was able to take them to Children's Hospital in Knoxville. As I was dropping them off to the nurse, she was so excited to be able to give these to the families. They sent us a very sweet thank you note, and said they have been a HUGE hit! Thanks again everybody. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment